The poster session provides a more intimate forum for informal discussion about your research. Designing an effective poster gives attendees an opportunity to learn about your research in an easy to understand format. The tips below will give you the tools you need to assemble an impactful poster.
Download tips and guidelines for creating your poster.
Size Limitations for Regular Posters: No larger than 47 inches high and 95 inches wide (120 cm high by 240 cm wide). This is the size of the poster board. Do not exceed the size of the poster board.
- Write your presentation concisely, and keep captions brief. The poster should be self‐explanatory so that you are free to supplement the information and discuss particular points raised by questions during the poster session.
- Format of poster is LANDSCAPE (horizontal).
- Place heading in large‐sized type at the top of the board.
- List the title and all authors.
- All material should be readable from distances of three feet or more.
- You are strongly encouraged to use a type that is at least 3/8" high (22 pt. minimum).
- Use bold type to ensure legibility.
- Make all print very dark (preferably block style) on a very light (preferably white) background. Use letters, arrows, numbers, or other devices to show those who will be viewing your poster the preferred sequence in which your poster should be reviewed.
- Charts, drawings, and illustrations should be similar to those you would use in making power point slides.
- If photographs are used, have them processed with a matte or dull finish.
- Please clearly print one email address on your poster for attendees to refer to should they have any questions or comments at a time when you are not standing with your poster. If you do not wish to print your own email address, please list another email address for an appropriate contact person for your abstract.
- The poster can either be made on one sheet (rollup) or in several small sections. Do NOT mount illustrations on heavy cardboard because they may be difficult to keep in position on the poster board.
Inclusion of Quick Response (QR) Codes: If you choose to include a Quick Response (QR) Code on your poster, you must also include the following disclaimer on both print and electronic versions of your poster: "Copies of this poster obtained through Quick Response (QR) Code are for personal use only and may not be reproduced without permission from ASCO® and the author of this poster." Written authorization is not required, unless your QR code links to the full text of your abstract, which would be considered a reprint. For questions, please contact us.
Special Note on Use of Commercial Materials: ASCO is committed to minimizing commercial bias in poster presentations and handouts. Poster presentations and handouts should not contain any of the following: commercial logos, company names, brand or proprietary drug names. Cooperative groups, hospitals, and non-profit company logos are permitted.
In an effort to make your meeting experience as seamless as possible, ASCO is pleased to provide a convenient, competitively priced poster printing service that allows you to electronically submit your poster for printing then pick it up on-site at the Symposium. No more worries about how to travel with your poster to the meeting. Additionally, this poster printing service, provided by Call4Posters, offers PowerPoint templates at no-cost to help you build your poster, or you may upload your own single-page PowerPoint, image, or PDF poster file.
To Upload Your Poster and Use the Printing Services:
To upload your poster and use the printing services, please have the first author log onto the Speaker Center Website. Please note the abstract details will only appear in the Speaker Center portal for the first author of an abstract. Once the first author logs in, please click the "My Presentations" link on the left and the abstract title will appear below. Click on the abstract title and scroll down to the "Poster Resources" box. In that box is a customized link to order a printed poster using our vendor, Call4Posters.
Posters ordered through ASCO's vendor, Call4Posters, can be picked up in the Poster Session room directly next to the Poster Assistance Desk. If you need to contact Call4Posters regarding poster printing please call 507-323-8500 or email. Please be sure to include the Symposium title, abstract number, and first author's name in your inquiry.
Poster Ordering Deadlines:
To avoid late fees, upload and confirm your order for your poster file by Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 10:00 AM Eastern time. Final deadline is Wednesday, October 25, 2017, at 10:00 AM Eastern time (rush charges apply).
Call4Posters Customer Service: If you have any questions as you prepare your poster, Customer Support is available to help via email or phone at 1-866-759-5440 or 507-323-8500 from 8:00 AM-4:00 PM CT Monday-Friday.
Meeting Videos and Slides are a great opportunity to share your study results with thousands of subscribers beyond those who attended the meeting. If you are planning to participate in the Palliative and Supportive Care Symposium Meeting Videos and Slides, please be sure that you upload your poster by Saturday, October 28, 2017, through the Speaker Center website. To upload your ePoster, please have the first author login to the Speaker Center website. Then select "My Presentations" on the left-hand side, then select the abstract title. Click the button to upload an ePoster to the Meeting Videos and Slides. Only PDF files are accepted.
- The presenting author is required to be present during the scheduled poster session.
- You can hang your poster approximately half an hour before the poster session begins.
- Use Velcro, which is available onsite at each board.
- You will NOT be allowed to use glue, tape, paint, or staples on the poster boards.
- Handouts of your poster may be available for distribution if you prefer.
- Remove your poster at the end of your scheduled session.
|Poster Hanging and Removal Schedule|
|Friday, October 27||Saturday, October 28|
|Hang poster between 7:00 AM-11:30 AM||Hang poster between 7:00 AM-11:30 AM|
|Remove poster between 6:15 PM-6:30 PM||Remove poster between 1:15 PM-1:30 PM|
If you do not remove your poster during the removal time, your poster will be automatically removed and placed in the red Unchecked Poster Reclaim Bin. Posters left in the red Unchecked Poster Reclaim Bin will be discarded at the end of the Symposium.