Access your presentation details and upload your presentation by logging into the Speaker Center Website.
All presentations at this year's Symposium will be in WIDESCREEN format. To take full advantage of the new widescreen format, we recommend that you build or convert your presentation to 16:9. For your convenience, the official Meeting PowerPoint template is in widescreen format.
- If you choose not to use the widescreen template, your presentation will be "pillar boxed" on the 16:9 screen as shown to the right.
- If you would prefer to use your own PowerPoint template you can change an existing 4:3 presentation into a 16:9 widescreen format.
- For PowerPoint 2010 and 2007, on the "Design" tab, click on "Page Setup". In the drop down box, select "On-Screen Show (16:9)" and click "OK."
- If you are using Office 2003, click "File" and select "Page Setup" and then enter in "10" in the first field and "5.63" in the second field and click "OK."
- If you make this change on an existing presentation, your slides will expand to the new size. If you have any videos or photos in an existing PowerPoint, they might need to be resized so they do not appear stretched. Check animations to ensure the elements line up correctly.
- Presenters whose research received federal funding (either in whole or in part) are encouraged to use ASCO’s trademarked “Federally Funded Research” badge on their slide presentations.
- ASCO created the badge to raise awareness of the importance of federally funded biomedical research. Download the badge file and review further information on its use at asco.org/nihfunding.
- The deadline to upload oral abstract presenter slide decks to the Speaker Center website is Wednesday, August 17, 2016.
Guidelines for Preparing and Delivering Electronic Presentations
The 2016 Palliative Care in Oncology Symposium will feature a networked presentation submission system. The tips below will help ensure that little, if any, editing will need to be done on-site, allowing you to quickly review your presentation and then attend other sessions in progress.
We currently provide PowerPoint 2010 and Windows 7 on the presentation computers. If you are creating your file on a Mac, Office 2011 for Mac resolves many formatting issues between Mac and PC and is recommended. If your presentation was authored under PowerPoint 2010 for the PC, or 2011 for the Mac, videos are embedded by default. Previous versions of PowerPoint require your videos to be uploaded separately.
Backup: Please bring a copy of your presentation with you when you depart for your meeting. Copy your PowerPoint and all movies to a folder on a USB flash drive or CD-ROM.
Building Your Presentation: We currently support movies only in the following formats: AVI (Cinepak, MPEG-4, VC-1), MOV files (MPEG-4, H.264), WMV, MPG (MPEG 1, 2, and 4), and FLV (Flash). Uncompressed AVI files should be compressed with a modern codec. Your movies will upload faster and load faster during your presentation with no apparent loss in video quality.
The Indeo Codec is no longer supported in Windows 7 due to security exploits.
DVD: If you plan to play a DVD as part of your presentation, please notify a technician in the Speaker Ready Room so arrangements can be made for assistance in your meeting room. To make this process as smooth as possible, please also notify ASCO staff prior to arriving onsite.
Mac Keynote Users: Please export your presentation as a PowerPoint, Quicktime Movie, or Adobe Acrobat file. At ASCO’s discretion, you may be able to use your own Macbook if the export is unsatisfactory.
Prezi Users: Meeting rooms are not connected to the internet. If you will be presenting a Prezi slideshow, please submit a portable Prezi to the submission site. This will not be editable in the Faculty Ready Room, but you can always upload an updated portable Prezi file at anytime.
PowerPoint Presenter View: Currently, Presenter View does not integrate with ASCO’s audio-visual system or the most current version of PowerPoint, so we are not able to support Presenter View at this time. Meeting room podiums feature an integrated monitor, as well as space for printed notes. If you have questions or concerns about the audio-visual set up for your presentation, please contact ASCO staff at email@example.com.
Please do not combine multiple presenters’ PowerPoints into one file and submit it under one name. The disclosure system requires separate presentations to be launched for each presenter.